Providing Sustainable Long Term Relief
Our micro-enterprise model provides caregivers and young adults with special needs the ability to start small businesses. Through a steady supply of a zero-cost product, the kiosks are a powerful and sustainable way for young adults with special needs to gain basic entrepreneurial skills with supportive caregivers.
Located Across Major Hospitals in Singapore
A pilot project that started in 2012, Dignity Mama has now grown to four stalls located in Singapore hospitals. Since then, we’ve kept 50 thousand books out of landfills and instead created employment opportunities for young adults with special needs.
DIGNITY MAMA @ KHOO TECK PUAT
90 Yishun Central, Singapore 768828
(Located next to the Pharmacy)
Monday - Friday: 10am - 4pm
Closed on Saturday & Sunday
DIGNITY MAMA @ SENGKANG
110 Sengkang East Way Level 1 SKH Campus, Singapore 544886
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
DIGNITY MAMA @ NG TENG FONG
1 Jurong East St 21 Tower A NTFGH Clinics #02-10, Singapore 609606
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00 pm
DIGNITY MAMA @ CHANGI
2 Simei Street 3, Level 1
(Near Lift Lobby D)
Monday - Friday: 10am - 5pm
DIGNITY MAMA @ NUH
1 Lower Kent Ridge Road #01-39, One@KentRidge, Singapore 119082
Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 8:00pm
Due to space constraints, we can only accept up to 3 grocery bags/3 A4 sized boxes of books.
For enquiries, please WhatsApp/SMS to 8363 5072 or 9751 5717.
Books We Accept
- Children’s books: We accept story books and comics (For e.g. Tin Tin, Pokemon)
- Adult Fiction: NO science fiction
- Adult Non-fiction: We accept management, business, finance, health/wellness, family/parenting, photography, interior design, computer science books.
- Magazines: National Geographic, Reader’s Digest, Young Scientist, Adventure Science
WE WILL REJECT
Books in Poor Condition
- Old, brown and spotted
- Dog ears, jottings, markings, drawings, watermarks, markings and highlighted pages
- Used workbooks or textbooks
- Photocopied notes and books
- Strange odour
Books with Controversial Content
- Religious, political or sexual content
- Banned books
- Outdated books: We do not stock books published before 2000.
- Travel books: We only stock from 2015 onwards.
- Non English books: We only accept them on a case-by-case basis
- Other items: We will reject all multimedia including DVD, CDs, tapes, and any other used items like clothes, shoes or soft toys.
- Disposal of all unsuitable donations will be at our sole discretion.